- Other Names
- SCYA13, MCP4, NCC-1, NCC1, SCYL1, CKb10
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CCL13 is a member of the CC family of chemokines, also known as MCP-4. Its gene is located on human chromosome 17 within a large cluster of other CC chemokines. The precursor of CCL13 protein contains 98 amino acids. Differential signal peptide cleavage results in multiple isoforms of CCL13, including one major form (long chain, aa 17-98), and two minor forms (short chain, aa 24-98 and medium chain, aa 22-98). Human CCL13 shares amino acid sequence identity with human CCL2 (MCP-1, 61%), CCL7 (MCP-3, 58%), CCL8 (MCP-2, 56%), CCL11 (Eotaxin-1, 64%), CCL24 (Eotaxin-2, 48%) and CCL26 (Eotaxin-3, 45%). It also shares 69% amino acid identity with dog and equine CCL13, respectively. The mouse and rat counterparts of human CCL13 appear to be CCL2, which share an amino acid sequence identity of 56% and 52% to the human CCL13.
CCL13 is expressed by lymphocytes, monocytes/macrophages, basophils and eosinophils, but not neutrophils. Its expression can be upregulated by the inflammatory cytokines interleukin-1 and TNF-a. CCL13 is processed and inactivated by MMP-12. CCL13 acts as a chemoattractant for eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, macrophages, immature dendritic cells, and T cells through binding to the G-protein coupled receptors (CCR2, CCR3, and CCR5) expressed on these cells. A number of studies have shown that CCL13 is involved in many inflammatory diseases, in which it functions as a pivotal molecule involved in the selective recruitment of cell lineages to the inflamed tissues and their subsequent activation. High levels of CCL13 have been detected in the synovial fluid of patients with RA, in serum of asthmatic patients, and in plasma of patients with symptomatic carotid atherosclerosis.
BioLegend’s ELISA MAX™ Human CCL13 (MCP-4) ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The mouse monoclonal anti-human CCL13 (MCP-4) capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and free CCL13 binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated mouse monoclonal anti-human CCL13 detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of CCL13 present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader. This ELISA set is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human CCL13 (MCP-4) from cell culture supernatant, serum and plasma samples, and is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Human CCL13 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL13 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human CCL13 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent B (5X)
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 1.032 + 0.25 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 360 - 5.625 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: BioLegend Cat. No. 423501 is recommended
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- View information about CCL13 on UniProt.org
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe sets no longer come with plates, but Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat. No. 423501), and instructions on coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.