- 11-5.2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- MHC class II
- Mouse (BALB/c) IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 11-5.2 antibody reacts with the α chain of the I-Ak MHC class II alloantigen. These class II molecules are expressed on antigen presenting cells (including B cells) and a subset of T cells from H-2k bearing mice and are involved in antigen presentation to T cells expressing CD3/TCR and CD4 proteins. The 11-5.2 antibody cross-reacts with cells from mice bearing the H-2r haplotype. Reactivity with other H-2 haplotypes (e.g., b, d, f, p, q, s) has not been observed. The 11-5.2 antibody has been reported to block antigen presentation and induce B cell differentiation.Product Details
- Mouse k haplotype, Cross-reacts with H-2r haplotypes
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CKB mouse splenocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, blocking of MHC class II - restricted CD4+ T cell responses2,3, induction of B cell differentiation4, and immunohistochemical staining5 of acetone-fixed frozen sections.
This clone does not cross react with other haplotypes (e.g., b, d, f, p, q, s).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Oi VT, et al. 1978. Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 81:115. (IP)
- Formby B, et al. 1990. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:2438.
- Kappler JW, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1198.
- Bishop GA, et al. 1989. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86:5933.
- Ardehali A, et al. 1995. Circulation 92:450. (IHC)
- Turnquist HR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:7018.
- Zhang L, et al. 2011. Lupus. 20:667. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_313459 (BioLegend Cat. No. 110002)
- α chain of MHC class II
B cell and activated T cells, APCs of H-2b mice
- Antigen presentation
- CD3/TCR, CD4
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells, B cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Watts C. 1997. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 15:821.
2. Pamer E, et al. 1998. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 16:323.
- Gene ID
- 14960 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about I-Ak on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.