- Other Names
- Streptavidin Positive Selection, Streptavidin Negative Selection
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Streptavidin Nanobeads can be used for positive or negative selection of targeted cells with biotin-conjugated antibodies. For positive selection, the magnetically labeled fraction is retained by the use of a magnetic separator. For negative selection, the untouched cells are collected by decanting the liquid in a clean tube. Either positive or negative selection cells can be used for downstream applications such as functional assays, gene expression, phenotypic characterization, etc.Product Details
- Aqueous solution containing BSA and 0.05% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin-conjugated particles: protein-coated magnetic nanobeads.
- Storage & Handling
- Streptavidin Nanobeads should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
Cell Separation (MojoSort™) - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
The concentration of Streptavidin Nanobeads to be used should be optimized by end users.
- Application Notes
The Streptavidin Nanobeads are designed for the positive or negative isolation of cells when used with biotin-conjugated antibodies or similar reagents.
- Additional Product Notes
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Guo H, et al. 2016. PLoS One. 11(3):e0150809. (PubMed)
- Product Citations
- Gene ID
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Protocol - Negative Selection
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Protocol - Positive Selection
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Column Protocol – Positive Selection
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Column Protocol – Negative Selection
- MojoSort™ General Protocol - Video
- Are MojoSort™ Nanobeads compatible with other commercially available magnetic separation systems?
MojoSort™ magnetic particles can be used with other commercially available magnetic separators, both free standing magnets and column-based systems. Because MojoSort™ protocols are optimized for the MojoSort™ separator, the protocols may need to be adjusted for other systems. Please contact BioLegend Technical Service for more information and guidance. We do not recommend using MojoSort™ particles for BD’s IMag™ or Life Technologies’ DynaMag™.
- Can your magnetic particles be sterile filtered?
Yes, they can be sterile filtered as the particles are smaller than 0.22 µm.
- Is there a way to detach your magnetic particles from the cell surface?
No, not currently. We have found that cells are functional without the need to detach the magnetic Nanobeads.
- What is the size of your magnetic particles?
The average diameter is approximately 130 nm.