- VI-PL2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Integrin β3, gpIIIa
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD61, also known as integrin β3 and glycoprotein IIIa (gpIIIa), is a 90 kD type I integral transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a member of the integrin family, associating with platelet gpIIb (CD41) to form CD41/CD61 complex and with integrin αV (CD51) to form αV/β3 (CD51/CD61) integrin. CD41/CD61 is expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes, and plays a role in platelet activation and aggregation through interaction with fibrinogen, fibronectin, vWF, and other RGD-containing adhesion molecules. CD51/CD61 is expressed on platelets, osteoclasts, fibroblasts, macrophages, and some tumor cells involved in tumor metastasis, and in adenovirus infection through binding to RGD motif in extracellular matrix proteins.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF®, ICC - Verified
IHC-F, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting and immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Davies J, et al. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:1817.
- Roberts M, et al. 2004. Mol. Cell. Biol. 24:1505.
- Ciarlet M, et al. 2002. J. Virol. 76:1109.
- Product Citations
AB_1227584 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336402)
- Type I integral glycoprotein, integrin family, associates with CD41 (gpIIb) forming CD41/CD61 complex or with CD51 (integrin αV) forming CD51/CD61 complex, 90 kD
CD41/CD61 complex is expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes; CD51/CD61 complex is expressed on platelets, osteoclasts, fibroblasts, macrophages, and some tumor cells
- Adhesion, platelet activation and aggregation
- Fibronectin, vitronectin, vWF
- Cell Type
- Fibroblasts, Megakaryocytes, Osteoclasts, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules: The CD Markers.
- Gene ID
- 3690 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD61 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.