- C8.6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-12 p40, Interleukin-23 p40, Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), CTL maturation factor (TcMF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The C8.6 antibody reacts with human IL-12 p40 subunit of the IL-12 p70 heterodimer and IL-23 p40 subunit of the IL-23 p19/p40, as well as p40 monomer and homodimer. The C8.6 antibody has been reported to strongly inhibit different biological activities of IL-12, (e.g., IFN-gamma induction, mitogenic effects on PHA blasts, and enhancement of NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity). The C8.6 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-12.Product Details
- Human, IL-12/IL-23 p40 subunit (monomer, homodimer and heterodimer IL-12 p35/p40 or IL-23 p19/p40)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed p40 subunit of human IL-12
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-12 p40 recombinant protein ranging from 4000 to 30 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-12 p70 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Neutralization1,2,3: The LEAF™Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-12 bioactivity (Cat. No. 508804).
- Additional Product Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1: The biotinylated C8.6 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for an IL-12 p40 specific sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the C8.3 antibody (Cat. No. 501702/501704) as the capture antibody. The biotinylated C8.6 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for an IL-12 p70 specific sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the Purified 7B12 antibody (Cat. No. 511002/511004) as the capture antibody. Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- D'Andrea A, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1387.
- Goodier M, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:139.
- Aragane Y, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:5366.
- Product Citations
AB_315528 (BioLegend Cat. No. 508801)
AB_315529 (BioLegend Cat. No. 508802)
Customers Also Purchased
- Cytokine; monomer, heterodimer (p40:p35 or p40:p19) or homodimer (p40:p40)
- IL-12 p70 (p40:p35) induces IFN-γ, TNF-a production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of TH1 T lymphocytes. IL-23 (p40:p19) induces proliferation and production of IFN-γ by human me
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells, PBL
- IL-12Rβ1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rβ2 binds p35
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
5. Oppmann B, et al. 2000 Immunity. 13:715.
6. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003 J. Biol. Chem. 278:1910.
7. Parham C, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5699.
8. Belladonna ML, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5448.
9. Lankford CS, et al. 2003 J. Leukoc. Biol. 73:49.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 3593 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p40 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.