- Poly8119 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Signet Catalog# 9148-005
Covance Catalog# SIG-39148
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
APP intracellular domain (AICD) is a peptide fragment that results from intramembraneous proteolysis of the amyloid precursor protein (APP). APP is a single-pass transmembrane protein that is involved in the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's disease (AD). APP is cleaved by gamma-secretase that releases the AICD into the cytoplasm. Soon after its release from the membrane, AICD is rapidly degraded in the cytoplasm partly by insulin degrading enzymes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Do not store antibody diluted below 50 µg/mL in the absence of protein (i.e. add 2% bovine serum albumin). The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
ELISA, IHC, WB
IF - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunoblotting (WB), and ELISA.
This antibody is specific for AICD (APP intracellular domain), which is a peptide fragment that results from the cleavage of C83 or C99 at the epsilon site. It does not react with the C57 or C59 γ-secretase cleavage products of APP.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
- Application References
- Kaori K, Yasushi K, Yasunari M, and Satoki U. Axonal Protection via Modulation of the Amyloidogenic Pathway in Tumor Necrosis Factor-Induced Optic Neuropathy. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci.: 53, 7675 -7683, Nov 2012. (WB)
- Stieren ES, El Ayadi A, Xiao Y, Siller E, Landsverk ML, Oberhauser AF, Barral JM, and Boehning D. Ubiquilin-1 Is a Molecular Chaperone for the Amyloid Precursor Protein. J. Biol. Chem.: 256, 35689 -35698, Oct 2011. (WB)
- Tampellini D, Rahman N, Lin MT, Capetillo-Zarate E, and Gouras GK. Impaired ?-Amyloid Secretion in Alzheimer's Disease Pathogenesis. J. Neurosci.: 31, 15384 - 15390, Oct 2011. (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2564761 (BioLegend Cat. No. 811901)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.